7/31/2013


Mother Went to Rica

“Ipinagkakatiwala ko na po ang aking anak sa inyo. Tiwasay na ang aking kalooban kasi alam ko na nasa mabuti siyang mga kamay. (I now entrust my child to you. I am at peace now as I know that she’s in good hands.)”

That was a surprise message from my mother.

 It was Sunday morning on July 14 – with Sr. Ellen, Sr. Menchi and Sr. Eppie. During the morning praise, Sr. Eppie decided that we go to the Sulod, through the S-Trail – to enjoy the moment while there were no pilgrims yet. After the morning praise, mother asked permission to speak and uttered the words which, for me, were like sweet melodies.

Mother visited me in the convent. Sr. Eppie and my formator gave her a vacation at Regina Rica in Tanay, Rizal for three days. The best three days of our life together, as mother experienced the life that is in store for me at the Dominican Sisters of Regina Rosarii. Mother arrived at Regina Rosarii, Quezon City on July 10, 2013, Wednesday evening. It was our desert time and the convent was silent. Amazingly, our Lady Regina Rosarii warmly welcomed her as she felt the happiness in her heart amidst our silence.

 The following day, Thursday, mother was able to live with our community as she attended the morning praise and the contemplative sit. Thursday was really full of surprise blessings from the Lord. At around 5:30, one of my lifetime friends, Dimple, send me an sms and said she just arrived from Camarines Sur and requested that we meet. My formator allowed me to go out and meet with her, together with my mother. We fetched my friend at the hotel she was checked in. We went to a Government agency in Ortigas first to settle some business documents and went back to our mother house. I encouraged my friend to attend our contemplative sit. She said she was really planning to visit me, and blurted out, “kikilatisin ko yang pinasukan mo at pag hindi pumasa sa akin, babawiin kita.” I said, “ok” and just encourage her to attend the contemplative sit. After the contemplative sit, I heard what I was expecting as she said, “Babalik ako ditto Ai, nakakrelax.” It takes only one contemplative sit for her to forget her intention to get me out of the convent, huh.

Thanks to our Lady! She let the two important persons of my life experience the life I’ve chosen so that it would be easy for them to give me away.

Another beautiful surprise: I was told that Mother and I were going to spend the next three days at Regina Rica in Tanay, Rizal.

What can I asked for? So we left the mother house Thursday night. We arrived at Rica at around 11 p.m. We were checked in at the Puloy-an.
Friday morning, we had our breakfast at the Pasilungan. Mother experienced the fresh and healthy food served at the Pasilungan - all are organic! After breakfast, we spent the morning resting and exploring the beauty of Rica. In the afternoon, we attended the Contemplative sit at the Chapel of the Mystic Women. In the evening, we joined the evening prayer of the community.

Saturday was again another blessed day. We had our breakfast with the Philippine Native Trees advocate and book author, with Bureau of Tourism official and with Sr. Eppie!

It was a treasured moment. We just talked about so many things, about native trees, about the concerns of the oldies. I was privileged to hear their stories. I was privileged to hear the story of our new congregation and admired how they started and felt overwhelmed of its great achievements in just a short period of time.

After the very special and extraordinary breakfast, Sr. Menchie invited us to attend the Emergency Preparedness Seminar. It was, again, a precious bonding moment with my mother.

On Sunday, my two sisters arrived and joined us in exploring the beauty of Regina Rica. I was really happy and blessed that my family experiences the life I’ve chosen.

It is really worth it to travel and experience Regina Rica. I, myself, cannot get enough of it. If you want to recharge from the stressful city life you can spend a weekend here. We have contemplative sit every Friday at 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. We have mass every day (except Tuesdays) at 11:00 p.m. In between, you can explore the beauty of the 13.5 hectares Regina Rica.

Before I forget, on July 11, 2013, after our morning prayer and with the presence of my mother, Sr. Eppie already announced my acceptance as Aspirant to be held on August 6, 2013 – the Feast of Saint Dominique! Please pray for me.

No comments:

<br><div align="center">Remembering Twelve Years</div></br>

Our mission is to remember. So for thirteen days, we remembered the story of our congregation on May 1 to 13, 2017. We remembered our r...