3/05/2015


My Word of Thanks




                First, I want to thank the Holy Trinity for the graces and the blessings, that I am able to reach this stage.
                I thank Fr. Ferry for answering all my questions and confusions. Thank you so much.
                I thank my family for being here today. To my parents, thank you for giving me the gift of life. Thank you for giving me five beautiful sisters and three wonderful brothers. Thank you for the unconditional love. Thank you for always trusting me. Thank you for giving me away.
                Thanks to my visitors and guests; to my hermana in Sarong Bangi International, to my former officemates, to my lifetime friends.
                Thank you to my especial guests – Tita Cres with family and Tita Mary Ann.
                Thank you to all our staff.
                To all my sisters at the Dominican Sisters of Regina Rosarii: Thank you for being a part of my formation. Thank you for the experiences and the lessons that I learned. Thank you for all your generosity and efforts in the preparation for today; Thank you Sr. Ding for being my first formator. I specially thank Sr. Menchie for showing me a concrete example of humility.
                Twelve months ago, I was accepted as a postulant. I was excited and quite sure that this is the life that I want. I was wrong. I was wrong to think that this is the life that I want, because the truth is, this is the life the Lord wants me to be. And, I thank Sr. Matt – my formator – for helping me realize this. Few days ago she told me, “don’t you know that you are protected by the Lord?” Looking back and pondering upon the events that happened in my life and the graces that I have received, I can say that, yes, indeed, the Lord protected me all along and saved me for Him and for His people.
                Thank you Sr. Matt for allowing me to grow. Thank you for the understanding. Thank you for just being you. Thank you for journeying with me, for feeling what I feel at every event in my life. Thank you for just being there.
                I always believe in the power of number. I believe that the Lord speaks to us through numbers. My life path number is five (5). Today, March 5, is very symbolic to me. My birthday is May 5, and that is also the foundation date of our congregation.
                Nine years ago, a brave sister founded our congregation – Sr. Eppie Brasil, OP. Thank you Sr. Eppie for starting our congregation. If you did not do it, I should not be standing here right now. Thank you for the opportunity to belong in your congregation that carries out the new expressions of Religious Consecrated Life. Thank you for trusting me. Thank you for all that you did. My journey was not easy. It was challenging. Yet, it became exciting and bearable because you were there.
                Last week, a Dominican sister – Sr. Ella of Anunciata – gave Sr. Matt and me candles and fortune plants. She said, “Give these to Sr. Eppie.” I was delighted to receive those candles and plants. And now, may I give these to you? The candle symbolizes you as my guiding light. The plants symbolize my growth, and how I have grown. Sometimes, it may be slowly, but continuously. Please continue to be our light as our new congregation continues to grow until we become as the Lord has planned.
                Sometimes in January, a pilgrim visited here and the Lord made us meet. I invited her to go upstairs to visit Mama Mary. After several steps on the stairs she revealed to me that she was operated several years ago, after an accident. Her body is now supported by steel.
                I became worried and asked her if she can still go to Mama Mary. She said yes, so I just accompanied her, more gently. We were able to reach Mama Mary. Going down, she requested me to pray over for her. We were both crying as she was telling her story that manifested deep faith to the God of divine providence. We felt the presence of the Holy Spirit. It was a God experience for me. She is here now. Tita Mary Ann, you don’t know how much you gave me more reasons to stay. You don't know how much you gave me reason for being here. Thank you so much.
                As the mystery of my vocation is revealed to me everyday, and as I commit to him everyday, I know the challenges will always come. But as I continue in this journey I will hold on to his mercy and grace.
                One of our modular class teachers told us that we need a witness in this journey. And you are now my witnesses until I fulfill this journey to God.
                Thank you so much for your presence today. Please continue to pray for me.




No comments:

<br><div align="center">Remembering Twelve Years</div></br>

Our mission is to remember. So for thirteen days, we remembered the story of our congregation on May 1 to 13, 2017. We remembered our r...