2/11/2014


February 11, 2014: My Acceptance to Postulancy





“But sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts. Always be ready to give an explanation to anyone who ask you for a reason for your hope, but do it with gentleness and reverence, keeping your conscience clear, so that, when you are maligned, those who defame your good conduct in Christ may themselves be put to shame.” (1 Peter 3:15-16)

After prayerful discernment and with my initial formation experience with the Dominican Sisters of Regina Rosarii, saying YES to the call is now easy.

I now commit a life of service to the Kingdom of God, in the Roman Catholic Church and in the world, by living the Gospel and by seeking ways to follow the example of our father St. Dominic, in proclaiming Christ by my life and words. 

As I am now a postulant, I felt the blessings and graces of the Lord, as I feel him residing in my heart. I pray that I deserve enough to be His temple so that I can proclaim Him with justice through my words, thoughts, actions and deeds.

The Lord never fails to show me His great and unconditional love when He gave me the opportunity to experience life here on earth, basically with my loving family who initially gave me the unconditional love. He continues to show me His love through great friends and life mentors that I meet along the way; through challenging experiences that gave me lessons, strengthened me and shaped me; through satisfying employment opportunities, beautiful causes, and beautiful memories that initially gave meaning to my life. Finally, He manifested His great love for me as He led me to the Dominican Sisters of Regina Rosarii, which I felt He really prepared for me as the timing is just right that when I found Regina Rosarii I am already prepared to answer His call.




May the good Lord continue to guide and bless me with His graces until the end.

Irene V. Rafer

No comments:

<br><div align="center">Remembering Twelve Years</div></br>

Our mission is to remember. So for thirteen days, we remembered the story of our congregation on May 1 to 13, 2017. We remembered our r...